This is about the places and things I have done in my Summer Semester at Kassel University in Kassel, Germany. Kassel is a relatively small town of 200k people located west of Berlin but is pretty much in the center of Germany.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Amsterdam April 28 - 30

So this was the first spontanious trip that I planned and I have to say that I could have not picked a better time to go and check out a different county. This trip was so much fun, we got to go on Queen's Day, and this day is like the biggest party day of the year, they expected there to be about 2million people in the city on one day. This thing was huge, they closed off the downtown area and I mean closed off, no trams, cars, or even bicycles were being rented at this time. There were so many people it was just insane to get anywhere in the city.

Rob and I ended up renting a car and driving to Amsterdam. Well there is only a suggested speed limit of 100km/hr, haha who ever thought of a "suggested" speed limit?? Well here is a pic of me driving on the Autobahn, it was so awesome, I have to add that the German country side was absolutely beautiful, but I was going so fast that I didn't get a chance to take some pics of it, haha sorry people!! But don't think I was doing something that bad because there were numerous times that I was passed like I was standing still by other drivers, German drivers do drive fast!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Like mentioned we got into Amsterdam on one of the biggest parties of the year and I was so glad that we did because it was just so much fun. Everywhere we went there were people and concerts happening. Amsterdam is known as the "Bike City" but at this time there were so many people that they didn't rent any bikes and noone was on any bikes. Here are some pic of what the streets looked like while we were there!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a picture of one of 10 concerts that they were having, this pic was taken from the Van Gogh Museum!! Like I said it was insane!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So Amsterdam is known as the "Bike City" of the world, well here is a pic of Rob infront of some bikes that were lined up in front of the train station, the crazy thing is that this wasn't all the bikes at all, they were everywhere!!! Yes! Those are all bikes lined up on that walkway across the water!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No trip to Amsterdam is complete without visiting the all famous Red Light District. All I have to say about this part is that it was crazy, really good times and fun people all around. Although there were great people, there were also drug dealers on every corner and when we walked by they would say quickly "Coke, X" funny thing was that we would turn and say "Sorry man not tonight" and they would respond with "Alright, well have a great night" those must have been the coolest drug dealers I have seen. The also all famous "Coffee Shops" lined all of Amsterdam's streets and the smell of pot smoke vented from their doors. Overall Amsterdam had a really chill atmosphere to it, I guess it has to be from the drugs and pot, haha!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As mentioned earlier, we did hit some museums like the Van Gogh Museum and the Heineken Brewery like pictured here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a picture of Amsterdam's train staion, it was absolutely beautiful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are a couple other random pictures, the first one is a huge ass beer that I got, haha had to take a pic of it and show my friends. The other pic is a pic of the "Public" toilets on the Red Light Disterict, haha great times like I said.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home