This is about the places and things I have done in my Summer Semester at Kassel University in Kassel, Germany. Kassel is a relatively small town of 200k people located west of Berlin but is pretty much in the center of Germany.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Kassel March 20

On Monday March 20 I jumped on a train and headed towards Kassel because they told me that they had a place for me to stay, haha finally. Three hours later and one change over, I arrive at Kassel and once again am totally lost. After asking around I get on the right tram and head towards the housing place. After doing all the paperwork for the housing, which I have to add was all in German, so I had no clue what it says, haha, they give me a ride to where I'm staying. Here is a pic of what the house looks like. This house had 16 bedrooms, 3 stories with a basement, a bathroom on each floor along with 2 guest bathrooms on the main floor, a living room, a dining room, and one kitchen!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is what my room looks like, haha it is so tiny and so is the bed but I finally have a place that I can call home!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I spent some time getting used to Kassel and getting orientated with what I need to know to get around. I take care of things that I need to do for the university and began going out with the roomies and making new friends. I have a ton of pics already of us going out, if you wanna see some just let me know, I decided to leave these pics of the scenery and other things that give you and idea of what its like here for me!!!

Here is some pics of the Orangerie, it was a huge palace and in the field was orange trees, hence how it got its name.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is another famous sight in Kassel, its called the Herkules. Certain days they will turn the water on and alot of people from Kassel come to see it and hang out. When the water is on there are horns that sound from the russing water and there are stations where it fills up and once full, gates are opened and it creates things to see when the water flows!!

This is a look away from Herkules and then one down Herkules

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a look up towards Herkules.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look at this creek when the water flows through it!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is further down the hill, still water from Herkules.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uau...what a beautiful pics guy! I'm brazilian n' I was seeing some pages about travel and I found yours..wonderful...I have plans to go to Europe too... Let's talk!...
If U have a MSN, add me: Ewertonvcs@zipmail.com.br
bye

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home